- Title: C The Complete Reference, Fourth Edition
- By: Herbert Schildt
- Format: eBook, 805 pages
- ISBN: 0072132957 / 9780072132953
- Edition Number: 4
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill
Another gem from Herb Schildt–best-selling programming author with more than 2.5 million books sold! C: The Complete Reference, Fourth Edition gives you full details on C99, the New ANSI/ISO Standard for C. You’ll get in-depth coverage of the C language and function libraries as well as all the newest C features, including restricted pointers, inline functions, variable-length arrays, and complex math. This jam-packed resource includes hundreds of examples and sample applications.
Table of contents
Part I: Foundational C.
1. An Overview of C.
4. Arrays and Strings.
7. Structures, Unions, Enumerations, and typedef.
8. Console I/O.
9. File I/O.
10. The Preprocessor and Comments.
Part II: The C99 Standard.
Part III: The C Standard Library.
12. Linking, Libraries, and Headers.
13. I/O Functions.
14. String and Character Functions.
15. Mathematical Functions.
16. Time, Date, and Localization Functions.
17. Dynamic Allocation Functions.
18. Utility Functions.
19. Wide-Character Functions.
20. Library Features Added by C99.
Part IV: Algorithms and Applications.
21. Sorting and Searching.
22. Queues, Stacks, Linked Lists, and Trees.
23. Sparse Arrays.
24. Expression Parsing and Evaluation.
25. AI-Based Problem Solving.
26. Building a Windows 2000 Skeleton.
27. Software Engineering Using C.
28. Efficiency, Porting, and Debugging.
Part VI: A C Interpreter.
29. A C Interpreter.
Herbert Schildt is a leading authority on C and was a member of the ANSI/ISO committee that standardized C. He is the author of Teach Yourself C, C++: The Complete Reference, Windows 2000 Programming from the Ground Up, Java 2: The Complete Reference, and many other best-sellers.
Back cover copy
The Ultimate Resource on C—Thoroughly Updated for the New C Standard.
A new ANSI/ISO standard for C, called C99, has been recently adopted and Herb Schildt, the world’s leading programming author, has updated and expanded his best-selling reference on C to cover it. Whether you are a beginning C programmer or a seasoned pro, the answers to all your C questions can be found in this one-stop resource. In this authoritative guide, Schildt details the C language, its libraries, and applications, providing insider tips, hundreds of examples, and expertly crafted explanations. As a special bonus, the book concludes by developing a C interpreter, which you can use as-is or expand on your own! And just as you’d expect, everything is presented in the clear, concise, uncompromising style that has made Herb the choice of millions.
Inside you’ll find:
- Comprehensive coverage of the C language, including both C89 (the original version of C) and the new features added by C99
- Detailed explanations of each keyword, data type, and operator
- In-depth discussions of pointers, disk I/O, and dynamic allocation
- Complete descriptions of the entire C function library
- Descriptions of the new features added by C99, such as restricted pointers, Boolean and complex data types, the inline keyword, variable-length arrays, and the long data types
- Real-world algorithms and applications, such as stacks, queues, trees, sparse arrays, and sorting. You’ll even learn about Al-based searching techniques
- Tips on working efficiently in the C programming environment
- Advice on porting and debugging
- Complete source code for a C interpreter that you can use as-is enhance to fit your needs
To download an eBook version of C The Complete Reference, Fourth Edition in PDF format for free please click the download link provided below.
Note: Source Code also included.
Like this book! You may buy a copy of C: The Complete Reference, 4th Edition from Amazon to enrich your library collection.