- Title: Programming with Java: A Primer, 3E
- Author: E Balagurusamy
- ISBN: 0070617139, 9780070617131
- Length: 490 pages
- Pub Date: DEC-06
- Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill Education
Java is yet another computer language but with a difference. It is the only language that is purely object-oriented. It is a secure language, making it well-suited for Internet programming. One of the important reasons for Java’s success, apart from its object-orientation, is the amazing functionality it adds to the World Wide Web.
This book by Balagurusamy, comprehensively covers all aspects of Java language. Beginning with an introduction to the language and its relationship with the Internet and World Wide Web, it explores Java’s object¬ oriented features, and then moves on to discuss advanced topics that are unique to Java. The concept of learning by example has been stressed throughout the book.
The content-organization of the book, Balagurusamy – Programming with Java: A Primer, 3/e, is for novice as well as experienced programmers. It covers virtually all the topics that are required for a sound knowledge of JAVA Programming.
The third edition incorporates all the updates and enhancements added to Java 2 and J2SE5.0 releases. The book presents the language concepts in extremely simple and easy-to-understand style with illustrations and examples wherever necessary.
Salient Features :
- Incorporates new features of Java 2 and J2SE5.0.
- Fully explains the entire Java language and its core libraries.
- Discusses Java’s unique features such as packages and interfaces.
- Illustrates the use of advanced concepts like multithreads and graphics.
- Shows how to create and implement applets.
- Covers exception handling in depth.
- Reinforces the learning through review questions and debugging exercises.
- Includes model questions from the Sun Certified Java Programmer Exam.
Table of Contents
1. Fundamentals of Object-Oriented Programming
2. JAVA Evolution
3. Overview of JAVA Language
4. Constants, Variables, and Data Types
5. Operators and Expressions
6. Decision Making and Branching
7. Decision Making and Looping
8. Classes, Objects and Methods
9. Arrays, Strings and Vectors
10. Interfaces: Multiple Inheritance
11. Packages: Putting Classes Together
12. Multithreaded Programming
13. Managing Errors and Exceptions
14. Applet Programming
15. Graphics Programming
16. Managing Input/Output Files in JAVA
17. Assertion and Design by Contract
18. JAVA Collections
Appendix A : JAVA Language Reference
Appendix B : JAVA Keywords
Appendix C : Differences Between JAVA and C/C++
Appendix D : Bit-Level Programming
Appendix E : JAVA API Packages
Appendix F : Java Classes and Their Packages
Appendix G : What’s New in Java 1.1 and Java 2
Appendix H : Deprecated Classes and Methods
Appendix I : Statistics of Java Packages
Appendix J : S C J P Exams Model Questions
Appendix K : Points to Remember
Appendix L :Common Coding Errors
Appendix L :Glossary of JAVA Terms
About the Author
E Balagurusamy, former Vice Chancellor, Anna University, Chennai is currently Chairman, EBG Foundation, Bangalore. He is a teacher, trainer, and consultant in the fields of Information Technology and Management. He holds an ME (Hons) in Electrical Engineering and Ph. D. in Systems Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. His areas of interest include Object-Oriented Software Engineering, Electronic Business, Technology Management, Business Process Re-engineering, and Total Quality Management.
A prolific writer, he has authored a large number of research papers and several books. His best selling books, among others include:
- Object-Oriented Programming with C++,3e
- Programming in ANSI C,3e
- Programming in BASIC, 3/e
- Programming in C#
- Numerical Methods, and
- Computer Programming (for First Year) (Ascent Series)
A recipient of numerous honours and awards, he has been listed in the Directory of Who’s Who of Intellectuals and in the Directory of Distinguished Leaders in Education.
To download an eBook version of Programming with Java: A Primer, 3rd edition in PDF format for free please click the download link provided below.
Like this book! You may buy a paperback edition of Programming with Java A Primer, 3e from Amazon to enrich your library collection.